#1 June 13th, 2023 03:22 AM

Babell

Newbie questions

Hello!

I'm new member here, after joining BA some time ago (amazing and beautiful projects, I'm kind of overwhelmed with so much candid beauty and joy!), and I have some questions.

A search in the forum sent me to older topics, but things seem to have changed over time, so some aspects are still not clear to me.

So here are a few questions I ask myself. Sorry if they were already answered (but after all, maybe this might help other lost newbies like me! smile).

1) About the "hitlist".

When I clicked "vote here" on the front page, I was proposed the list of primary folios from the last 30 days, and a comment said that I could vote once a week, and that "top contributors" would be asked to do a reload.

I was wondering if that was a week from Monday to Sunday or a week since the last vote, but then I used my first vote, and when I came back to the "vote here" page... the message changed to "once a day"! I guess I'll know tomorrow which is true.

So, some questions:
Can we vote several times for the same contributor (in different days/weeks)?
Does it mean contributors with less votes are not asked for reloads? hmm If that's so, what is the limit they must reach? A certain number of votes? A rank? Since they don't reach the 30 days at the same time, how do you decide?
As I already read on the forum, for now I'm a little torn between the advantage of being able to demonstrate my appreciation to a particular contributor and to hope for more thanks to hitlist, and the downside that this kind of "competition" feels a little weird, as a vote from me clearly doesn't mean that I don't like other contributions, and sometimes it might be hard to choose.

Any information and thought about this "hitlist" system would be welcome, so that I see clearer.

2) Some contributors are also on BA and have a banner with a link to their BA subscription(s) on their profile (thanks by the way, it's a great help!).

But some, that I'm sure I saw on BA too, don't have that link.

So I wonder: is that because it was forgotten? Because contributor doesn't want a link to appear? Or just because they submitted here before BA and the banner was not added after?

In any case, are we allowed to ask for a specific BA number here? I think I understood that asking here for BA is ok, whereas the opposite is not, right?
Should we specify here contributors who are also on BA and don't have a link on profile? If yes, in which topic of the forum (there are many, I'm lost! tongue)?

(By the way, from what I saw so far, the beautiful Aurelie_B is referenced as 4243 on BA here, but she is instead 4245)

3) Are the "next due" times on the front page correct? I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw one time when the countdown reached 0 and no new folio was added.
Not a real problem, but I was wondering if I had hallucinations. smile

4) And last but not least, why are you all contributors so perfect and sexy???

...Ok, that's not a real question, just a way to thank and praise anybody who reads this. big_smile

Thanks for reading this way too long first post, and for any answers (and sorry for any mistake, I'm not native english speaker, I hope I was still clear).

#2 June 13th, 2023 10:29 AM

redbird

Re: Newbie questions

Babell wrote:

Hello!

I'm new member here, after joining BA some time ago (amazing and beautiful projects, I'm kind of overwhelmed with so much candid beauty and joy!), and I have some questions.

A search in the forum sent me to older topics, but things seem to have changed over time, so some aspects are still not clear to me.

So here are a few questions I ask myself. Sorry if they were already answered (but after all, maybe this might help other lost newbies like me! smile).

1) About the "hitlist".

When I clicked "vote here" on the front page, I was proposed the list of primary folios from the last 30 days, and a comment said that I could vote once a week, and that "top contributors" would be asked to do a reload.

I was wondering if that was a week from Monday to Sunday or a week since the last vote, but then I used my first vote, and when I came back to the "vote here" page... the message changed to "once a day"! I guess I'll know tomorrow which is true.

So, some questions:
Can we vote several times for the same contributor (in different days/weeks)?
Does it mean contributors with less votes are not asked for reloads? hmm If that's so, what is the limit they must reach? A certain number of votes? A rank? Since they don't reach the 30 days at the same time, how do you decide?
As I already read on the forum, for now I'm a little torn between the advantage of being able to demonstrate my appreciation to a particular contributor and to hope for more thanks to hitlist, and the downside that this kind of "competition" feels a little weird, as a vote from me clearly doesn't mean that I don't like other contributions, and sometimes it might be hard to choose.

Any information and thought about this "hitlist" system would be welcome, so that I see clearer.

Yes you absolutely can vote daily, the "weekly" option was our old process. You can vote daily as much as you want during the 1 month period (since their shoot went up) for said contributor. We don't exclusively use the hit list as a way to invite people to shoot more with us though, so please don't stress about that being the sole way that people get invited back to shoot for us. It shouldn't be seen as a way to judge whether or not we think these people are "worthy" of contributing again (absolutely not our jam), but rather it's more of a way for the subscribers to voice their appreciation for specific people on the site.

Babell wrote:

2) Some contributors are also on BA and have a banner with a link to their BA subscription(s) on their profile (thanks by the way, it's a great help!).

But some, that I'm sure I saw on BA too, don't have that link.

So I wonder: is that because it was forgotten? Because contributor doesn't want a link to appear? Or just because they submitted here before BA and the banner was not added after?

In any case, are we allowed to ask for a specific BA number here? I think I understood that asking here for BA is ok, whereas the opposite is not, right?
Should we specify here contributors who are also on BA and don't have a link on profile? If yes, in which topic of the forum (there are many, I'm lost! tongue)?

(By the way, from what I saw so far, the beautiful Aurelie_B is referenced as 4243 on BA here, but she is instead 4245)

Yes you can ask for specific BA contributors here. If there's no link to their BA from their ISM bio, it could be that the shoot was from before we had this process (if it's a particularly old video), or it was just overlooked, or it's possibly not the same person. Also occasionally you might get someone who says a different name in their BA than what's on ISM, and this is usually because they decided to change their site name, or we have too many of a specific name and have to ask the person to choose another.

Thank you for alerting me to Aurelie_B, I've changed her to the correct number.

Babell wrote:

3) Are the "next due" times on the front page correct? I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw one time when the countdown reached 0 and no new folio was added.
Not a real problem, but I was wondering if I had hallucinations. smile

This is left over from when we still posted new Primaries daily. Since Covid, we've had to post Primaries every second day (and 2 reloads on the weekend). The next Primary will be up tomorrow and then Friday.

Babell wrote:

4) And last but not least, why are you all contributors so perfect and sexy???

...Ok, that's not a real question, just a way to thank and praise anybody who reads this. big_smile

Thanks for reading this way too long first post, and for any answers (and sorry for any mistake, I'm not native english speaker, I hope I was still clear).

Full agree! This site has done so many wonderful things for how I see myself and other people, and normalises things I believed were "ugly" or things to be ashamed of (body hair, large labia, small boobs etc). The people on this site are just SO stunning. I probably get a new crush every week, haha.

#3 June 13th, 2023 06:20 PM

Babell

Re: Newbie questions

Thanks a lot for all the answers. smile

Board footer